Course Fee Funding
Upskilling Electricians and Engineers
Program closed 31.12.22
This training was funded by Solar Victoria as part of the Training and Workforce Development package.
This program boosted training and workforce development to ensure Victoria has an ongoing supply of skilled workers to support growth in the renewable and clean energy sector.
Work Safely in the Solar Industry
The Solar Training Centre is funded by Solar Victoria to increase access and support for regionally based solar installers by delivering the nationally accredited training unit, VU22744 Work safely in the solar industry, in more locations across regional Victoria.
All solar PV, battery and solar hot water system installers must compete this mandatory training before registering and completing any installations under the Solar Homes Program. This includes apprentices, licensed and registered plumbers (except those who ONLY install heat pumps), electricians and trade assistants.
This free training for Victorians who meet the funding eligibility requirements. Online study must be completed before you can attend mandatory face to face practical training and assessment. This funded training program closes in June 2024.
Next training dates and locations:
- Thursday 11 April 2024 – Bairnsdale
- Friday 12 April 2024 – Korumburra
- Tuesday 16 April 2024 – Horsham
- Wednesday 17 April 2024 – Warrnambool
- Thursday 18 April 2024- Geelong
- Training has already been held in Shepparton, Ballarat, Bendigo, Wodonga and Traralgon
- An additional 2024 date will be released – register now (see below), tell us your preferred location and we will advise you later
You must provide evidence of these eligibility requirements to receive a funded training place
- Australian citizen or permanent resident as evidenced by green Medicare card or other documentation
- Victoria resident as evidenced by a Victorian driver’s licence or the provision of documentation that proves residency status
- Reside in Regional Victoria OUTSIDE of the Local Government Areas of the Port Phillip region (map is provided in our enrolment form)
- Involved in relevant on-site installation which will support participation in the Solar Homes Program
- Licensed Electrician or Plumber
- Apprentice Electrician or Plumber
- Trades Assistant
- If none of the above, you will need to provide details and proof of job role
Register your interest and preferred location here after reading our Course Information (click this link)
Metro area students – attend training at our Springvale location – course fee applies (no funding available)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Skills Checkpoint & Training Incentive
75% Course Training Incentive for Mature Students
The Skills Checkpoint Training Incentive – funded by the Australian Government – offers up to 75% course contribution for mature age workers aged 40 and over, up to a maximum incentive of $2,200 (including GST).
Am I eligible?
- aged 40 or over
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- employed and at risk of becoming unemployed and entering the income support system, or
- recently unemployed (within 12 months) and not referred to or registered with a Commonwealth funded employment services provider (e.g. Workforce Australia, Disability Employment Services, Community Development Program).
You’ll need to undergo an assessment by a Skills Checkpoint provider.
BUSY At Work provides services to employers and individuals in all states and territories:
Contact Busy at Work to apply for this funding 13 BUSY (13 28 79), text 0421 268 884, or email email@example.com
or contact Skills Checkpoint at 0438 594 522 or 1300 359 061
You can contact us if you would like more information but you will need to apply directly to Busy at Work to access the funding.
CSQ Funding (QLD)
About CSQ Funding:
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) is an independent, not-for-profit, industry funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices, trainees and career seekers in the building and construction industry. CSQ provides funding to reduce the financial obstacle to training, making upskilling an affordable option for many more individuals in the construction industry. CSQ-funded training is delivered by a range of selected registered training organizations (RTOs) like Solar Training Centre across Queensland. CSQ contributes towards the cost of courses to reduce the cost to participants. CSQ funding is paid directly to the contracted RTO, generally between 75% and 100% of course costs.
CSQ Funding is applicable to the following short courses at Solar Training Centre:
- Design and Install Grid Connected Solar PV Systems
- Battery Storage for Grid Connected Solar PV Systems
Please refer to the course page for full course fee
Applicable Rebates: We pay you back this amount after you pass the course, and we issue your certificate
Solar PV Courses
- Design / Install Grid PV Systems – Rebate of $1088 (2 units of study)
- Design Grid PV Systems – Rebate of $573 (1 unit of study)
- Install Grid PV Systems – Rebate of $515 (1 unit of study)
- Design for Qualified Installers – Rebate of $573 (1 unit of study)
Battery Storage Courses
- Design and Install Battery Systems for Grid PV – Rebate of $1516 (2 units of study)
- Design Battery Systems for Grid PV – Rebate of $756 (1 unit of study)
- Install Battery Systems for Grid PV – Rebate of $756 (1 unit of study)
CITB Funding (SA)
About CITB Funding:
The CITB Construction Skills Training Program provides funding for eligible persons employed in the SA building and construction industry to complete training that promotes increased productivity, career opportunities, personal satisfaction and a health and safe environment within the industry. Funding is subject to eligibility and availability.
Solar Training Centre is a CITB Endorsed Training Provider.
You must meet CITB’s criteria to be eligible for CITB funding. As permitted by CITB, we retain 10% of the maximum rebate permitted to cover admin costs in administering the CITB system. CITB rebates shown below are the maximum rebate we refund after passing the course. Rebate amounts are subject to change. For more information about CITB and eligibility and to register for a CITB number, please refer to the CITB website here.
CITB-registered applicants have $3000 of CITB funds to assist with training and development each financial year. You must check your available funding balance using your My CITB app to ensure you have enough funds available for your chosen course with us.
CITB has advised that allocations for funding for courses are currently on hold until further allocations are released. We will advise all registered applicants of availability of CITB funding and rebate amounts for courses March 2024 onwards as soon as CITB confirms with us.
CITB funding rebates are applicable to the following short courses at the Solar Training Centre:
- Design / Install Grid Connected Solar PV Systems
- Design / Install Battery Storage for Grid Connected Solar PV Systems
- Design / Install Stand-alone Power Systems
- Work Safely at Heights
Please refer to the relevant course page for full course fees
Applicable Rebates: We pay you back up to this amount after you pass the course and we issue your certificate provided you
Solar PV Course Rebates (subject to change at short notice):
- Design and Install Grid Connected Solar PV Systems – Max rebate of $1836
- Design Grid Connected Solar PV Systems – Max rebate of $756
- Install Grid Connected Solar PV Systems – Max rebate of $1080
- Design for Qualified Installers – Max rebate of $756
Battery Storage courses
- Design and Install Battery Systems for Grid PV – Max rebate of $2160
- Design Battery Systems for Grid PV – Max rebate of $1080
- Install Battery Systems for Grid PV – Max rebate of $1080
Stand-alone Power Systems
- Design Stand-alone Power Systems – Max rebate of $378
- Install Stand-alone Power Systems – Max rebate of $279
- Work Safely at Heights – Max rebate of $130
Keystone Funding (TAS)
Keystone Tasmania will fund 60% of advertised course cost for the following courses for applicants who are eligible under the Building and Construction Industry Training Fund Act 1990.
- Design and Install Solar Grid PV Systems Design and Install
- Battery Storage Systems Design and Install
- Stand Alone Power Systems