Real Industry Practical Training!
5 Days face to face + online (WEBINAR OPTION AVAILABLE)
Self-paced study via online learning and assessment which can be commenced after your enrolment is accepted. Plus 5 days face to face training. Total online component is up to 60 hours. Students with prior skills and experience in the field will be able to progress through the course more quickly.
- All learning and assessment must be completed within 8 weeks of your last face-to-face class. You can apply for CEC Accreditation once you have completed your training successfully and we have issued your qualification parchment – this usually occurs within 7 days of passing all elements of your course.
Contact us for full course outline. Prerequisites include units from Cert III Electrotechnology studies. Non electricians must study unit UEERE0054 at extra cost and duration. Please contact us for information about enrolment by Apprentices and non-electricians
Written Questions and Practicals
Cost: (no gst applies)
Design and Install $2595
: CITB price $759*
: CSQ price $1507*
Design Only $2095
: CITB price $1359*
: CSQ price $1522*
Install Only $2095
: CITB price $1015*
: CSQ price $1580*
Design for Qualified Installers $1390 *
: CITB price $634
: CSQ price $817
Keystone Tasmania funds 60% of the full course fee for this course
- Includes most training materials, morning tea and beverages
Selected Aust Standards at additional cost – please refer to course outline. You will also need access to these Australian Standards when working in the field
- * CITB (SA) and *CSQ (QLD) subject to eligibility and availability. You must pay the full course price for CSQ and CITB enrolments – rebates are issued after you successfully complete your course. Booking Fee may apply.
Start 8.30am- finish 4.30 pm Monday then 7.30am -3.30pm Tuesday-Friday
Face to face sessions x 5 plus self directed learning – see above or full Course Outline for details
Core training and some assessment activities are completed during training.
Remaining learning and assessment is completed in your own time, within 8 weeks of completing attendance. See above for more details
Payment is required before the course commences in line with the due date of your invoice.
CITB (SA) is availability and eligibility. Our courses in QLD are supported by industry and are discounted accordingly where possible. Contact us for more information.
Yes, after the completion of this course (Design and/ or Install Grid Connected Solar PV Systems), you may apply for a provisional accreditation as a Solar PV Installer with the Clean Energy Council (CEC) here.
To become a fully qualified Solar PV Installer or Designer you will need to: complete Solar Training Centre’s course in Design and/or Install Grid Connected Solar PV Systems -> apply for provisional accreditation with CEC -> pass the CEC’s online assessment and also submit and pass a CEC install case study. Solar Training Centre is not involved in this CEC process – contact the CEC for more information.
Delivery of this course is at our training facilities in: Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Darwin. Contact us if you would like to arrange group training at alternative locations
Solar Installation/Design Course Information
Licensed Electricians and Electrical Apprentices (with conditions) can gain entry to provisional Grid-Connect Solar Design and /or Install PV Systems industry accreditation by successfully completing this short course (additional accreditation requirements apply).
You must complete this course before you can study a Battery Storage Course.
Non- electricians including Engineers and others such as solar sales staff can study a pathway towards Grid-Connected Solar Design accreditation. This is a very challenging but rewarding pathway for participants who do not have prior electrical and solar systems knowledge.
The Clean Energy Council is taking applications for industry accreditation until 12.01.24. A new accreditation body will be announced in February 2024. You can watch the CEC’s video below to understand the current application requirements (we will update information from the new accrediting body when it is released),
We are currently taking applications for design studies from Engineers. If you are not an Electrician or Electrical/Electronic Engineer, contact us to discuss your study options and a pathway that will suit you.
Units of Study
Our Grid Connected Solar PV Design /Install Course involves these units of study that align with industry accreditation requirements:
UEERE0054 Conduct site survey for grid-connected photovoltaic and battery storage systems
UEERE0061 Design grid-connected photovoltaic power supply systems
UEERE0080 Install photovoltaic power conversion equipment to grid
UEERE0081 Install photovoltaic systems to power conversion equipment
- Students wishing to complete only Design Grid Connected PV Systems will study UEERE0054 and UEERE0061
- Students wishing to complete only Install Grid Connected PV Systems will study UEERE0054 and UEERE0080 and UEERE0081
** If you are a non-electrician, you first need to complete a pre-requisite unit:
UEERE0051 Apply electrical principles to renewable energy systems
This is completed fully online for up to an additional 40 hours at an extra cost – currently discounted to $850
Statement of Attainment for successfully completed units of study.
Duration (not including prerequisite units)
Faced to face option – 5 consecutive days combined with self-directed study online up to 60 hours (students with field experience may complete the course in a shorter time frame)
Live Webinar option – 4 consecutive days Live Interactive Webinars + 1 day face to face combined with self-directed study – Available periodically and when Covid impacts our business operations – or yours!
Design Only and Install Only courses are 4 days face to face with self-directed study online up to 30 hrs
Qualified Installers who wish to undertake the Design Course are provided credit transfer for studies already completed – you’ll attend for two days and complete additional homework
Why choose us?
- We are Australia’s leading provider of solar and storage training
- Our trainers are experts in their field – they run their own solar businesses, are considered industry experts and hold teaching qualifications as well!
- Receive thorough training in site assessment and design of a complaint system to suit customer needs and meet industry and regulator requirements. You’ll complete two full designs and learn the processes and pitfalls associated with designing solar PV systems
- Work on live systems in class – we have the most extensive practical training facilities in Australia and our course involves extensive practical training and assessment including installation, testing and commissioning
- Through our unique Industry Engagement Program, you’ll have the opportunity to meet manufacturers and suppliers of solar and storage equipment during class and discuss their products and services
Included in our practical training equipment are products from Longi, Selectronic, Power Plus, Enphase, Clenergy, Fronius, Alpha-Ess, Redback, SMA, Goodwe, SolaX, Victron, Growatt and more (selection available for each course).
We deliver a comprehensive and thorough course with extensive trainer input – we don’t cut corners or reduce the course duration just to push you through quickly. Our trainers can assist you post face-to-face training with questions you have about your learning.
Contact us for a full Course Outline
Cost: subject to change without notice – FUNDING MAY BE AVAILABLE
$2595 (no gst applies) for Design and Install
$2095 (no gst applies) for Install Only and Design Only course
$1390 (no gst applies) for Design Only for Qualified Installers
See your course date below and our course funding page for CITB (SA) and CSQ (QLD) pricing. Keystone Tasmania refunds 60% of the full course price to eligible Tasmanians.
Includes most training materials^, morning tea and beverages.
^Students must have access to Australian Standards AS/NZS 5033:2021 and AS/NZS 4777.1:2016 at additional cost – we provide copies during face-to-face training, but you will need your own copies for this course and after the course when completing your industry accreditation application.
*Funding is subject to eligibility and availability and funded amounts may change at short notice. Booking fees may apply. Students must abide by the requirements of the funded program and complete studies in the timeframe specified on enrolment. Funding may be subject to a wait list. CITB funding allocations for courses March 2024 onwards are subject to approval by CITB
This course includes:
- How to solve predictable problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus operating at extra-low voltage
- Comprehensive training in how to design grid-connected power supply systems in line with Australian Standards and industry guidelines (Design Course)
- How to plan, install and commission photovoltaic power systems and connect to the grid
- Practical training including installation of PV panels on two types of roof construction, and installation and commissioning of grid connected inverters (Install Course)
Choosing a training or education provider:
The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) has developed a fact sheet to allow you to be fully informed about your decision to enrol in a course of study. We recommend reading this information prior to enrolling.
It’s available by clicking here.
Our Commitment to You
Solar Training Centre does not have commercial ownership interests in solar sales and marketing companies or in ASRs or companies employing Accredited Installers.
Our trainers are committed to bringing you and your staff high-quality training programs because they are solar industry professionals, not competitors to your business. You can refer your employees to our RTO services safely in the knowledge that we won’t undercut your business.
Our interest is in training you and your employees for industry accreditation, ensuring you are safe out in the field, and in building a highly qualified viable solar sector – together as partners, not as commercial rivals.
How to register:
Select your course date below, or contact us to discuss your training needs. We will contact you with the full course information and enrolment pack.
We are proud participants of the following funding schemes:
Funding is subject to eligibility and availability