Work Safely in the Solar Industry – Solar Victoria
Up to 12 hrs – RPL students and students with experience in the field may complete this course in a shorter time
Prerequisites (only for students applying for RPL):
- Your Statement of Attainment/ USI transcript for unit UEENEEK148A/UEERE0016/ UEERE0081 issued by a Registered Training Organisation
- Your Statement of Attainment/USI Academic Transcript showing you have completed one of these Work safely at heights qualifications in the past three years
- CPCCCM2010A or CPCCCM2010B
- RIIWHS204D or RIIWHS204E
Four online theory assessments submitted via Solar Training Centre’s LMS.
One practical assessment completed face to face (or via RPL if eligible)
Cost (no GST):
- Free to eligible regional Victorians- ask us about eligibility requirements
- Other students including RPL option $350 (no gst applies). Discounted to $150 for students who have completed a Solar Installation qualification at Solar Training Centre
#Fees are subject to change without notice. No gst applies to course fees
*Students with prior experience in working on-site in the solar industry may complete the course in a shorter timeframe
Theory is online via Solar Training Centre’s LMS; Practical training is completed face to face or via RPL for eligible students
Up to 12 hours. You must complete the course within 1 month of commencement. Candidates with prior experience may be able to complete the course in shorter duration
Payment is required before the course commences.
See our Course Funding page for funding options
Work Safely in the Solar Industry – Solar Victoria Funding Available
All solar PV, battery and solar hot water system installers must compete mandatory training in VU22744 Work safely in the solar industry before registering and completing any installations under the Solar Homes Program.
This includes apprentices, licensed and registered plumbers*, electricians and trade assistants.
*Plumbers installing only heat pumps are not required to complete this training
Read more about this requirement on Solar Victoria’s website here
VU22744 – Work safely in the solar industry
Completing this course will provide you skills and knowledge to work safely in the solar industry, including
- Preparing to work in the solar industry safely
- Planning and preparing for solar installation
- Evaluating work area requirements including safely working at heights
- Accessing the solar installation work area safely
- Performing and completing non-electrical solar installation work tasks
Completion of this course satisfies the mandatory training requirements to undertake non-electrical installation activities under Solar Victoria’s Solar Homes program.
TWO Study Options:
OPTION 1 – Online studies then 3-4 hrs of face to face practical training and assessment (Free for eligible regional Victorians through Solar Victoria)
Solar Training Centre provides free training in this course for regional Victorians who meet Solar Victoria’s funding eligibility requirements**. You must live outside the Melbourne metro area to be eligible for regional funding. Online study must be completed before you can attend mandatory face to face practical training and assessment. Recognition of Prior Learning is not available for funded training. This funded training program closes in June 2024.
Next REGIONAL training dates and locations:
- Thursday 11 April 2024 – Bairnsdale
- Friday 12 April 2024 – Korumburra
- Tuesday 16 April 2024 – Horsham
- Wednesday 17 April 2024 – Warrnambool
- Thursday 18 April 2024 – Geelong
- Training has already been held in Shepparton, Ballarat, Bendigo, Wodonga and Traralgon
- An additional 2024 date will be released – register now (see below), tell us your preferred location and we will advise you later
Funding eligibility requirements: Refer to our Course Funding page here
Register your interest for Regional Victoria training by selecting the Work Safely in the Solar Industry – Regional Vic course in our course calendar below or click on this link here
Next SPRINGVALE training dates and locations:
Not from Regional Vic? You can complete this study option by paying the required course fee in full and completing your online theory and then attend practical training at our training centre in Melbourne at Springvale
Course fee of $350 (no gst) applies
Dates are listed in our calendar (see below). Don’t see a date that suits you? Contact us to discuss!
OPTION 2 – Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and gap training (no Solar Victoria/ Vic Government funding available – fee applies):
This option has been configured to provide gap training after successful application for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for prior studies in both of these qualifications:
- Install Grid PV systems via one of the following units
- UEENEEK148A or UEERE0016 Install, configure and commission LV grid connected photovoltaic power systems OR UEERE0081 Install photovoltaic systems to power conversion equipment
- Work safely at Heights within the last three years via
- CPCCM2012 or CPCCCM2010B or CPCCCM2010A Work safely at heights
or RIIWHS204D or RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights
- CPCCM2012 or CPCCCM2010B or CPCCCM2010A Work safely at heights
Completion of formal Install Grid PV Systems qualifications and Work Safely at Heights qualifications means you will already have completed the practical training requirements for unit VU22744 Work safely in the solar industry – you will only need to complete “gap” training to go on to achieve the full requirements of VU22744
All study in this option is completed online via e-learning using our LMS (Learning Management System), with support from your trainer where needed.
Register your interest for this RPL option by selecting ANY Work Safely in the Solar Industry course in our course calendar below (but do not select the Regional Vic course)
Course fee: $350 (no gst applies).
RPL option is discounted to $150 for students who have completed a Solar Installation qualification at Solar Training Centre
For all Study Options:
- Up to 12 hours
- Candidates with prior experience and/or RPL may be able to complete the course in shorter duration
- You must complete the theory component of your course within 1 month of commencement. Your commencement date is the date we provide you your Welcome Email and access to your electronic course materials
PREREQUISITE UNITS OF COMPETENCY
There are no prerequisite units of competency for this course. We strongly advise you to complete Work Safely at Heights training before attending this course.
If you wish to undertake the RPL study option, you need to have completed prior studies to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning – see Study Options above
Statement of Attainment for unit of competency successfully completed.
Students who show evidence of having completed the following additional units of competency will be granted a Statement of Attainment for 22515VIC Course in Working Safely in the Solar Industry:
- CPCCWHS2001 Apply WHS requirements. Policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCCM2010B Work safely at heights
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Choosing a training or education provider:
The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) has developed a fact sheet to allow you to be fully informed about your decision to enrol in a course of study. We recommend reading this information prior to enrolling.
It’s available by clicking here.
How to register:
Select your course date below, or contact us to discuss your training needs, including group training.